November 14th:

I mentioned last month that Jake had a tooth coming in. I didn’t realize that teeth always come in pairs so needless to say, he’s got two on the bottom. They are almost full grown. We started feeding Jake rice cereal here and there. He seems to really like it. In fact, I fed him tonight and I had to make two extra batches because he kept powering down the food (they were each only a tablespoon – but that boy can eat). I think we’re going to try mashed veggies this weekend.

Incase you’re wondering, we didn’t dress Jake up for Halloween this year so no pictures. Marshall’s brother and fiancé got married on Halloween and so Jake hung out with the nannies while Mom and Dad had a night off. I have posted the pictures on our Shutterfly page. It was an amazing wedding at an amazing location.
This is Marshall's Mom and Aunt Michele.
It’s funny when I look back on my life. As most of you know, I never fancied myself a maternal type. And yet, look at me now. It may have taken me 33 years, but I’m pretty freakin’ maternal if I do say so myself. Not so maternal that I’m going to nurse Jake until he’s 5 years old, but maternal enough to appreciate and love every moment I spend with him. For example, I love that no matter the time of day or wee hours of the night, Jake gives me the biggest smile when he sees me looking at him. I love the sound of laughter coming from his little mouth. I love watching him trying to put his pacifier back in his mouth. I love watching him learn his surroundings and new objects. Most of all, I love kissing him so much that my lips hurt. ….see, look at that. That is definitely not the Kelly I know!

Jake loves his little bouncer. So much that he bounced himself to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment