May 24th:

May is a busy month. I think everyone I know has a birthday or anniversary in May (my grandparents just celebrated their 60th!), not to mention Mother's Day and now Jake's birthday. Whew. I should start saving right now for next year.

I had a nice 1st Mother's Day. We went for a little hike at Torrey Pines with our new fancy backpack. It almost looks like we know what we're doing in the pictures. Then on Sunday, Jake gave me his hand and footprint in a nicely glazed ceramic plate and Marshall got me a gift certificate for a massage. It was all so perfect!

Earlier this month I went to AZ for a day of interviews. Long story short, it's for a 'sales' job based out of San Diego. The job was made for me. The only problem is, the position is not yet open. We're expecting/hoping for it to open in the next few weeks? I've got another interview this week with a pharma company so it looks like things are slowly picking up.

Last weekend I spent the whole weekend away from Marshall and Jake. Boo! I got a bug up my butt and decided to get trained in "BodyPump". It's a world renown weight lifting format taught in countries all over the world. 24 Hour Fitness has decided to offer it to its students in June and so I'm hoping to be one of the select few that get to teach it. Needless to say, the training was intense. Over the course of 26 hours, we did 7 workouts. …I think I can take the rest of the month off.

I spent my 'off' time getting ready for Jake's birthday party. Obviously Jake had no idea what all the commotion was about, but Marshall and I had a great time! It was our first real party in the new (or, not so new) house. I've posted only a few pictures. The rest can be found at Shutterfly.Besides spending time with our awesome friends and family, the highlights were the cake (I LOVED the cake) and the taco dudes. We also had a lot of fun opening all of Jake's presents. As you can see from the photo, he only got a few toys and a few outfits. Oh, and can you believe we had 12 kids in our house and not a single mishap? Maybe all my tricks and ploys to keep them outside and occupied with Jake's toys worked. Haha. (**Note: some of these images appear small. Click on the photo to see an enlarged image.)








No comments:

Post a Comment