This is officially my last week as a stay-at-home Mom. It's funny when I look back on things. I never fancied myself to be the stay-at-home type of person. I guess that changes when you have an amazing child that makes it all worth it. Really, I don't know what we did to get such a cool kid, but Jake has the best demeanor of any child I've ever come across. He's so mellow and so incredibly happy. He smiles at everyone (especially the ladies). He waves to everyone on our jogs, he hugs dogs, pets kids, lights up when he sees family (especially Dad), laughs all the time, gives random kisses and generally brings so much joy to our life. It'll be sad going back to work. But on the flip side, I can go back to spoiling him now that we'll have two incomes again. Okay, you got me, I never really stopped spoiling him. I never thought I'd say it, but I'm happy that I got laid off. I got to spend some of the best months with Jake. He's changed and reached so many milestone in just 7 months...except for walking, but that's okay. There's some wives tale that says kids are smarter when the walk at a later age. Looks like Jake is going to be our meal ticket. Haha.
Not only did I get to spend quality time with my little man, but I found a better job so it really worked out for the best. I start next week with AstraZeneca (another pharmaceutical company). Unfortunately I have to fly out to Delaware for a whole week, but Jake will be in good hands with his Dad and Aunt Michele.
Jake and I went to visit family in Northern CA last week. As always, we had a good time...even if it was in Tracy, CA! I've posted a few pictures from the trip.
In this first picture, Jake is talking to Dad on the cell phone. Already breaking the laws!
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
I just had to throw this picture in for good measure. He loves bath time.
.JPG)
Jake's cousin turned 2 yesterday so there are a few pictures from his birthday party.
Grandpa Milt and Grandma Marlene.
.JPG)
The birthday boy with his parents.
.JPG)
Grandma Allyson
.JPG)
Jake lovin' Aaron's boat.
.JPG)
Time for cake.
No comments:
Post a Comment