The problem with not blogging for 3 months is I don't know where to start. I suppose I'll just go in chronological order. Jake is potty-trained! He has been for 2 months now and I can proudly say that it only took 1 weekend!! We had been rewarding him here and there when he used the potty and one weekend we decided to just go cold turkey. It only took 1 accident (#1) and he was trained. We've had a few accidents with #2, but that was to be expected since he was trained at such a young age for a boy. It was a proud day when I returned the $40 box of diapers to Costco.
As for school, it took some time to adjust, but I think he's finally acclimated to it. He's meeting new friends and learning lots of new stuff. In fact, after just 2 weeks of school (he only goes M, W, F), we noticed a significant change in his speech. He likes singing now too and since Marshall and I never sing (you should hear our voices), he clearly didn't get that from us!
October was a fun month. The highlights: Grandma Pinks came to visit us, our anniversary, pumpkin patches (for the record, we went to 5!), birthday parties, Halloween parties, Halloween and getting compliments on Jake's costume and of course finding out we are pregnant! The lowlights: standing in line for 50 minutes so Jake could ride the pony (I suppose it was worth it considering how much he loved it!) and making Jake's costume (at least it didn't take as long as I thought). Pictures are below.
There is probably a lot of you that still don't know so I should probably re-address what I said above….yes, we are pregnant (click here for the video - this is how we told our family). We had been trying for a few months and so this was a pleasant surprise. Jake is very happy too, although, he probably has no idea what this really means for him. Our due date is June 24th (my Grandma Jackie's birthday). Luckily, I kept a detailed blog with my first pregnancy, so it has been a handy tool to reference during this pregnancy just to compare notes. I've been very fortunate thus far, besides being a little extra tired here and there, I would never know I was pregnant! ("knock on wood") As soon as humanly possible, we will find out the sex and pass it on. We'd love to have a boy for Jake and for practical reasons since we have everything already, but I know it would be very special to have a girl as well. Besides, our family would be besides themselves with joy.
Until next time, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
No comments:
Post a Comment