June 9th:

Yes, I realize I have completely dropped the ball. Sorry about that. Luckily it's been a pretty calm few months so I can probably sum everything up in a few short paragraphs. Here are the highlights: Art of Eight (the boxing club) had their Grand Opening. It was a huge success, especially since Marshall and Jake got to meet Vincent Jackson from the Chargers.
Jake has become Mr. Popular at school with the students and teachers. When he first started in September, he was a shy guy (much different that he was at home). Since then, he has made great strides. He's become much more outgoing and participates in all the activities. If fact, he and his friends are often separated in class because they talk too much! His vocabulary and communication skills continue to amaze me on a daily basis. Sometimes I can't help but laugh at the things he says because he sounds like such an adult.


Something that hasn't changed is Jake's manners and attachment to me. He really is the most polite 2 (now 3) year old that I know. He says Please and Thank You for everything and at all the right times. For example, if I compliment his hair or give him a random kiss, we get a thank you. It's so cute. As for the attachment, I love the affection then I get, but the rest of it can be a bit overwhelming at times because he wants me to help him with everything (go potty, get his juice, get him dressed, put him to bed, etc). Marshall is only allowed to participate when I'm not around. I guess Jake will be in for a wakeup call with the new baby. Although, I often joke that Marshall is about to birth a newborn. Minus the birth and the nursing, Justin will be Marshall's responsibility if Jake has anything to do with it.

We went to our first family movie together and saw The Lorax. This was a few months ago and Jake still talks about it. ….maybe it's because he's like his Mom and loves theater popcorn. It was a small excursion, but still a highlight (if you were to ask Jake). Speaking of which, we are going tonight to see Madagascar.

The 3 of us took a trip to Hawaii, this time to the Big Island (our first time there) over Spring Break. We had a great visit (see photos below).























































Jake celebrated his 3rd birthday. What's funny is that we had every intention to keep the celebration small this year. We planned for one small party with the family and even a smaller one with a few friends. But when it was all said and done, Jake got SIX birthdays!! Granted some of them were at restaurants and one was at school, but six…really? Even I'll admit it…he's spoiled! Here are a few random pictures.























































Since the baby is getting Jake's nursery, we decided to give Jake a new room. Here is a picture of his new Big Boy room.














Yesterday was my last day of work (wahoo) and today was my last kickboxing class. I'll keep working out till the end like I did with Jake, but I'll have to wait 8 weeks till I can teach again. Here's my 38 week photo from today.
  


















We have just two more weeks to go (maybe a little less if I'm lucky)! Now that I'm not working for a few months, I promise to update the blog a little more often. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment