October 10th (8 weeks):


We had our first doctor’s appointment today. Not only did we get to hear Baby Brenner’s fast little heartbeat, but we also got to see the ultrasound. The whole thing is pretty surreal. It’s amazing to me that at only 8 weeks, we have the technology to hear a baby’s heartbeat and project their due date based on the baby’s measurements. Needless to say, I got choked up (even though I tried to hide it) as I realized the reality of what the future holds for us. It was exciting to hear a healthy heartbeat inside the womb.

My Mom was in town to see the new house and so she accompanied Marshall and me in the exam room. This was the first ultrasound she’s been privy to. Apparently back in the day, they didn’t do ultrasounds unless there was something wrong with the baby or the mother.

Speaking of Mom, did I tell you that she came to San Diego bearing baby clothes already?? She got to Marshall’s heartstrings as she presented us with Baby Brenner’s first Charger’s outfit. So cute!

Oh, one more bit of important news….Baby Brenner is due on Mom’s birthday of all days. May 20th, 2009!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment