October 30th (11 weeks):

Since I've told people that I'm pregnant...all subsequent conversations start with, "How are you feeling?" Supposedly 70% of all pregnant women experience some form of "morning sickness" (it's in quotes because the word "morning" is a bit of a joke). I can happily say that I have not experienced any "morning sickness"...not even once! In fact, aside from being a little tired during weeks 7, 8 and 9, having a total of 3 headaches and my hair growing faster than I can shave it, I'm feeling fantastic. Okay, there are one or two more symptoms that I’m leaving out… some things should be left unwritten in such a public forum.

Since my body isn’t going through any major changes that I can see or feel, my lifestyle hasn’t changed too much except for that I’ve cut out the drinking, not eating deli sandwiches (something about the deli-meat having nitrates) and I’ve cut out some of my favorite sushi rolls. I’m as active as I’ve ever been. The doctors say that I can continue teaching my classes at the same frequency and intensity as before so long as I don’t feel any pain or discomfort. Knowing that, I hope to go until my water breaks. If my class is lucky, maybe it’ll happen during class. Speaking of classes…I was teaching a kickboxing class two weeks ago and one of my students was due in 2 weeks!! You can bet that once I saw that, I have set my goal to do the same. So I’m not kidding when I say that my water may break while teaching a class!

No comments:

Post a Comment