Feb 17th (6.5 months):



Have you ever heard of a “babymoon”? It’s a term coined by new parents. It is the last vacation taken by a couple that is expecting a baby. In other words, it’s the last trip before our life changes forever as we know it with the many sleepless nights that lie ahead. So, that’s where we’ve been the past few days. We spent some quality time in Scottsdale, AZ - the perfect place to go for relaxation, massages, shopping (buying maternity clothes since nothing fits anymore) and eating.

As you can see, baby Brenner is doing a number to my stomach. He’s a growing machine. You can’t tell from the picture, but I no longer have a belly button. I suspect it’ll only take another week or two before it becomes an outie. I find it rather depressing, although, Marshall finds fascination in it.

While my heartburns have subsided (a little bit), Jacob’s movements have increased. He’s especially active during bedtime…I hope that’s not a sign for what’s to come. I can now distinguish between his kicks and his turns. It’s tough to explain, but sometimes he has his head, butt or back pressed against my stomach. If I touch that part of my stomach, it’s as firm as a rock versus the rest which is fairly soft. It’s an odd, yet comforting feeling to feel a little human moving around in your uterus throughout the day. A few nights ago I was lying in bed and pressed on my stomach…the little guy kicked back. It was hilarious. He’s already providing entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment