April 7th (8.5 months):

Only 6 weeks left to go. I suspect I’m supposed to be scared by now, but really, I’m just ready for Jake to enter the world. Not because I’m ready to be a mother because I don’t know if anyone is ever really ‘ready’, but because I’m growing exponentially on a daily basis and I don’t know how much more I can take. At first my ‘basketball’ was cute and entertaining – especially during Jake’s karate sessions, but now he’s really messing with my ability to maneuver. It’s becoming more and more difficult to get out of a sitting position. Shaving my legs and tying my shoes are almost an activity of the past. Don’t even get me started on sleep. Okay, since you asked...I remember the good old days when I could get a full night of rest…9 hours of blissful sleep (I love my sleep). Yeah, well that has changed. Apparently Mother Nature has decided it’s time to start adjusting to the concept of not sleeping. Between the heartburn, Jake’s training sessions, the numbness from sleeping on my back (I don’t do it on purpose) and the frequent restroom visits, I might as well not goto bed. I know this is a sign of what’s to come. Maybe I’ll cheat the system and hire a nanny from 10pm to 7am.
I have posted a few pictures from the shower that all three Grandmothers threw for me; I also added a link which shows ALL the pictures if you’re interested. Marlene, Allyson and my Mom really outdid themselves. The decorations, games, food and cake were perfect and I am forever indebted to them for their generosity. Speaking of generosity, I can’t begin to convey my appreciation to all of you that sent a gift or brought one to the shower. Thank you a million times!!! Jake is most definitely already a very spoiled child.
After the shower, I pulled into our driveway and solicited Marshall’s help in unpacking the mini SUV which was filled to the rim. As soon as he opened the trunk he says, “Do we really need all of this stuff?” Silly Dad.
It had been a long day and so I vowed to unpack all the gifts the following day. But...I couldn’t resist! All those cute little outfits, blankets, toys and decorations were calling my name. Before I knew it, it was 1am and I had found a home for every last item. And with that, my nursery was complete. I may be biased, but I think it's the coolest jungle nursery ever. I added the updated pictures. If you want to see a bigger version, just click on the photo itself.


http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=8f0a12dcbfce3982&sid=8AZsmjVq2ZtWOB

2 comments:

  1. You're the cutest pregnant woman ever :) Great post... Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie MartinezApril 26, 2009

    I agree - it is the cutest nursery I've every seen. You did a great job. Jacob is very lucky to have the two of you as parents.

    ReplyDelete