May 11th:

As of today, I have 9 days to go. For the record, I don't appreciate the 41% of you that think I'm going to wait until May 20th to deliver. I sure hope it's sooner than that. And for the one person that said I'm going to be late...I don't even know what to say except for how dare you! What did I ever do to you?! Let's hope you're wrong. However, statistics show that one's first child is generally late, so in actuality, you’ll likely be the only person that guessed correctly. Speaking of statistics, only 5% of babies are actually born on their due dates. So, 41% of you probably made the wrong selection – good thing you didn’t put money on it. :)

I went to the doctor's last week and as it turns out, I'm already dilated to 1cm. That sounds promising, but really, it doesn't mean anything. I could be like that for a month. I go again tomorrow. I'm praying for 2cm. That would really give me a head start during labor. Ha.

Now that I’m officially not working, I’m currently playing the role of “Home Technician”…isn’t that what they call Housewives these days? I’d like to say it has been a nice break, but I feel like I’ve been just as busy as ever since I’ve been on a mission to secure a daycare provider. I did however make time for a prenatal massage on Friday. That was great!!! As coincidence would have it, I just heard this morning that if you were to put a salary on stay at home Moms, they would earn $124,000 a year. I’m not sure how they figured that out, but it sure does give me some ammo if Marshall ever says I don’t do anything all day.

Hopefully the next post includes a picture of Jake. We’ll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment