May 24th:

So it looks like the 4 of you that voted that I'll be late predicted correctly. Congratulations (it pains me to say that). I saw the doctor on Friday and I'm between 1 and 2cm dilated. He ran a few tests since I am now 'late' and everything checked out okay. We have an appointment on Thursday morning (May 28th) for me to be induced. Since the doctor is using a due date of May 19th (based on Jake's first ultrasound), I will be 9 days late by then. Of course I'm hoping to go into labor before then since the chances for C-section dramatically increase if induced, but I obviously have no say in the matter.
I've been exercising regularly, walking further than I'd like to walk and eating various foods that supposedly induce labor. Needless to say, I’m still pregnant. To boot, Jake is approximately 8.4 pounds. Somehow he is managing to grow. But on a good note, I haven’t gained a pound the whole month resulting in a total of a 27 pound increase since the start of pregnancy. I’ll pat myself on the back for that one. :)
I'll update my 40 week pregnancy shot soon.

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 24, 2009

    You left me hanging here in Mississippi for nearly a week with no word on whether you had your baby or not?!? Ugh!! :) Make sure Marshall updates your blog IN the delivery room so we all know, ok?! ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, keep us updated. He'll be here soon

    ReplyDelete