Sept 16th:

Today is the day we found out we’re expecting! Here’s the story….I came home from work just like any other day, but today I decided to take a pregnancy test. I was only a few days late (nothing abnormal for my body), but I thought there was a slight chance it could be positive since I’d been feeling slightly nauseous lately. I assumed the nausea was due to stress from the house purchase, but I decided to take a test anyway. Two minutes later I looked at the results and saw a very faint + sign. What was that supposed to mean?? Am I pregnant or not? It was really so faint that I had no choice but to drive to the store and buy another test. Only this time, I bought the one that says PREGNANT or NOT PREGNANT. There’d be no mistake this time. I’m sure a lot of you are laughing at me right now, but you’d do the same thing in my shoes. So I rushed home to take the second test and viola, PREGNANT! But now I had a problem, it was 5:30pm and I wouldn’t see Marshall till about 8pm. So, instead I called my Mom and cried tears of happiness as I told her the good news. Luckily I had a class to teach and so it helped to pass the time.

Two and half hours later, I came home with a bottle of apple cider, pacifiers tied around the bottle and a little note for Marshall. As you could imagine, he was incredibly happy which was evident through his huge smile and the longest hug ever.

We decided not to tell anyone till the end of the first, but less than an hour later, we were driving to his Mom’s house to tell her the news. The next day, we told the rest of the immediate family. So much for keeping a secret.

3 comments:

  1. so I was wondering who's room IS that? did yours look the same? Cuz its awesome!
    I don't think your gonna put on much weight, teaching classes..but no morning sickness is just plain weird! love you kelly..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dear Sweet Mother-To-Be, Kelly,
    Thank you for accommodating those of us who are verbose by including a "comments" section. Yesss... it's so good to have a voice!

    I was thrilled to be invited to attend the technologically awesome viewing of yet-to-be-born Baby Boy Brenner. What an amazing sight! I saw his brain and his beating heart... (and, yes, his penis!) That opportunity is something I'll always cherish; thank you for sharing it with me. My heart is bursting with joy for you and Marshall.

    Kelly, I'm so proud of the woman you've become; from launching your successful professional career, to creating a serene and beautiful home with your husband, to enthusiastically embracing your new role as a mother. It's so "Kelly" to dive in, thoroughly investigate, and become engrossed in a project. And that's a marvelous trait, because this is the most important project you'll ever undertake... it's a responsibility that's never-ending.

    The life that grows within you is the past, present and future of both our families, and I want you to know that you are surrounded by loyal family members who love and support you.
    Many blessings are in store fo you! Love, Grandma-to-be (again) Allyson

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it.!!! You are indeed showing..It's really starting to SINK IN..? WEIRD, BUT I don't think it really had, until today.
    Unbelievable..this is gonna be exciting and fun, and hilarious, and all sorts of wonderful things..
    Oh how I love to just sit back and watch this ...Kelly becoming a mommy..
    love the comment page.

    ReplyDelete