December 22nd (18.5 weeks):

Just a quick little update before the holidays...
I had an “official” ultrasound today - that's when they take all the measurements, look at the heart and brain and make sure all the anatomy is there. It’s only been 2 weeks since the last ultrasound, but I could already see big changes in the baby’s development. Baby Brenner is progressing perfectly, although, he’s growing a little faster than normal which means they gave me the wrong due date or we’re gonna have a big one! Lucky me, maybe I’ll ask for 2 epidurals during delivery.
The technician said we have a very “sonogenic” baby because he poses well for the camera. Already, I’m a proud Mom. At one point, the baby was just lounging in my belly with his feet propped up enjoying the photo session. She also said he has a good chin. I can’t tell the difference at this point, but she sees babies in 2D all day, so she’s the expert. I can thank my Mom’s side of the family for that. We call it the Druen chin. And at only 6 inches long, Baby Brenner appears to have a fully developed “package” (evident in the photo with the arrow on it).
Oh…and did I tell you I am now feeling him kick? In fact, for the first time last night, I actually felt him kick my hand. It was pretty amazing. I can only imagine how hard he’s going to kick in another month or two. If I have bruises on my stomach in the upcoming photos, you’ll know why.
Speaking of my stomach…let’s just say I’m definitely starting to show. I had to go to the maternity store this weekend to by a BellaBand which allows me to wear my pants unbuttoned without anyone knowing (except that you now know since I just opened my big mouth). And, I had to sadly remove my belly button ring that I’ve had for 12 years since my button is quickly transforming to an outie. What’s next, stretch marks? If I get them, it's not my fault! Stretch marks are totally hereditary, in other words, don’t waste your time on all those fancy lotions and crèmes.

Marshall and I wish you the happiest holidays and a Happy New Year! (Work has been very busy and so I didn’t get a chance to send out cards this year. So please accept our holiday wishes instead. Don’t worry, I’ll make up for it during the next 18 years!)

Here's his profile and Druen chin.


Here's a picture of his little feet and ten little toes.


Here's a pic of his male genitals.

1 comment:

  1. OMG How funny! I have never seen a pic of the boy stuf before. So what is baby Brenners name or are you keeping a secret??

    ReplyDelete