October 18th:

Now that Jake is getting older, it’s harder and harder to find time to write. It used to be that I could let him sit on my lap while I was typing and he would just rest peacefully. Worst case scenario, I could at least type one-handed. Those were the days of the past. Now, my only free time is while Jake is napping or he’s in bed for the night. Needless to say, he’s down for the count right now.

Since I need to be in bed before midnight, I’ll quickly sum up the past few weeks….
I had to leave Jake alone for the first time earlier this month. I had a business trip in Irvine which required me to stay away for two nights. Marshall got to assume the duties of Mom. Although he was short on sleep for a few days, both he and Jake were champs! I’m still nursing 100% so for the two weeks prior to the trip, I had a pump growing from my chest. I guess it paid off…I somehow successfully pumped 23 bags of milk (4.5 oz each – he’s a hearty eater incase you couldn’t tell).

Jake’s 4 month check-up was last week. He weighs almost 18lbs. He’s in the 90% for height (daddy is proud) and 75% for weight (at least he slimmed down a little bit).

Jake is already teething. He’s got one on the bottom that is just breaking skin. So far so good (knock on wood) – it hasn’t caused any sleepless nights or screaming fits. However, he does drool a bunch and puts anything and everything in his mouth. Since I suspect he’ll look a little funny with just one tooth, Marshall and I decided to give Jake a little photo shoot today (see below). You can goto our Shutterfly blog for the rest of the pics.

Marshall and I just celebrated our 5th year anniversary on Thursday. His Mom and cousin Barbara from New York came to the house Saturday night so that Marshall and I could enjoy a nice night out (THANK YOU!!!!). For those of you that live locally, if you haven’t been to West Steakhouse, it is a must! It's our favorite restaurant of all time (followed by Oceanaire).




Till next time!

1 comment: